Wedding season party dress!

Hi there! today I want to share a dress with you that I made for a friend’s wedding! It is a total mix-up of different patterns, but something that you can easily replicate with dozen other patterns. Let me introduce to you: The Dove hack!

Pattern

Dove Blouse by Megan Nielsen

Size made

I made a size L.

Fabric

I ordered the fabric from Aliexpress. It was a wild guess, but ended up alright! Although some of the flowers didn’t survived a washing machine cycle completely, it is still very wearable. For finishing the neck I used a standard black bias tape.

The hack

I am not sure what length I started out with on the blouse, but I thought I just cut the Dove pattern at waist level, and then add a bit of length back to the back pattern piece. As you can see in the pictures the back bodice is longer than the front. Then I made two square rectangles as the skirt. I wanted to create a bit of a ruffle at the top, but didn’t had enough fabric. Before attaching, I removed some height from the back skirt piece, and the back bodice was already longer and I wanted the dress to be the same length at the bottom.

Let me know what you think about this post!

Deze website gebruikt Akismet om spam te verminderen. Bekijk hoe je reactie-gegevens worden verwerkt.